The following is a re-post that has sadly become necessary as a few trolls have decided it is okay to post libelous comments, call people who disagree with them “stupid” and “idiotic” and in one nauseating case even went so far as to disrespect the dead.
As viewership on AmericaSpace grows – we wanted to reach out to everyone and reaffirm that while AmericaSpace is for a nation that explores – we have some rules that need to be obeyed while we do that exploring. These deal with comments posted on articles and other features. Given that we’re entering an election cycle – it’s probably as good a time as any to lay out some basic guidelines as to what not to post:
- No expletives. This is a forum for both sides to discuss their beliefs and to highlight the similarities and differences between both sides of the space debate.
- Don’t call names or shout (all caps). Cussing, shouting and calling people names do not prove you are right – instead, it proves that you have no argument.
- When someone counters your argument with facts – don’t resort to ad hominem attacks. Since when does calling someone stupid, an idiot or some other name prove any point?
- Don’t expect others to interpret things the way you do – respect the opinion of others. Holier-than-thou, elitist attitudes are not welcome at an open discussion.
- Use your actual name. What does it say about your argument when you don’t have the courage to use your real name? Be proud of your beliefs – own them!
Space flight is about the best of humanity reaching out to the stars. Let us acknowledge this by how we communicate with one another. Show us the best in you, provide those that differ with you with examples of why you feel your point of view is correct. When you resort to the bad examples above – you only highlight the opposite.
Sincerely, Jason Rhian – Editor, AmericaSpace