NASA and the White House just announced the following awards for Space Pioneers:
- Blue Origin will receive $3.7 million
- The Boeing Company will receive $18 million
- Paragon Space Development Corporation will receive $1.4 million
- Sierra Nevada Corporation will receive $20 million
- United Launch Alliance will receive $6.7 million
This money should help some not only stay in business but create some hardware.
My question would be focus on why we can’t do this and fund Constellation at the same time. $50 Million is a nice little investment in the rocket business, but to get this money really require the proposed cancellation of Constellation?